Thursday, February 25, 2010

A lenten blog journey...

I'm definitely appreciated for walking to a different drummer at church, and after I posted Tom Russell's Ash Wednesday song to my blog on Ash Wednesday.... then Thursday had Thursday's Child, and Friday a JJ Cale song called Friday... you get the picture... I decided to post a song a day in my TheZemmyShow.blogspot blog for all of lent. Each week I would change the theme. This week it belongs on this blog because it's about Blessings.... I will use this blog to catch up on all the blessings so far...

The Blessing of Grace:

Grace is defined in Christianity as the free and unmerited favor or beneficence of God. Free, ah yes I can appreciate that, and unmerited, yep I resemble that. Funny it did take me a long time to appreciate the word when I heard it used more frequently when I moved from Roman Catholic to ELCA Protestant.

This week's daily song blog is going to look at blessings, and with Grace I needed to go to one of my favorite folk / country songwriters, Pierce Pettis. Pierce is also a Christian and is not shy to use it in his songs. In state of Grace he takes on growing up Christian in his home state of Alabama where the tension of racism is also real.



The Blessing of Everyday Miracles....

Let's just say this could the blessing of new life, old life, that toaster and coffee maker working in the morning, and a warm shower. When I was looking for a video of Sara Grove's song, "Everyday Miracles"... I came across this wonderful video; and while I'm normally not known to post heartwarming stuff... this one is too cute and also too on track to the theme not to post it. The video in front of church tagged to the end of this is fun to watch too.

No comments:

Post a Comment