Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lenten Lutheran Paradox


I loved last nights Ash Wednesday Gospel, and it made me reflect and I'm heavily paraphrasing:

Jesus said give alms silently and joyfully. Ok check Simply Giving.

Jesus said pray in silent. Ok check you don't see me raising my arms and swaying in my prayers, music now that's different.

Jesus said don't suffer openly when are fasting. Again check..(Hey it's a personal message between you and I, God, right?)

Oh... but Jesus said don't be boastful. Ouch that's what a good blogger does sometime if not all the time; and most know I've overcome my bout of youthful shyness.

Aw, but we are all sinners so we're saved by God's gift of Grace, ......SOOOO....return to the top and start over.

HA..

Hope you enjoyed my twist to the classic Lutheran Paradox loosely based on Matthew 6:1-6, 16-21 and Pastor Dan's sermon which emphasized our Lenten journey should focus on Truth, Proof, and Grace. 40 more days to go; hope to see you all at church. Feel free to remind me Lent is for solemn thinking so cut the jokes.

Peace be with you too. Dave


p.s. just in case you are confused the picture is Martin Luther... and not what Dan looks like since Pastor Glenn has retired.

No comments:

Post a Comment